I thought we'd do something similar. I'll select a piece of movie dialog, be it iconic, well known, or representative of a well known movie. I'll encrypt the the line to obfuscate the original words and meaning. You're job is to identify the exact movie quote and the source movie.
For example, if I gave you this:
It is my utmost desire that you assault me with the greatest force you can muster.
You would respond with:
I want you to hit me as hard as you can. - Fight Club
I'll attempt to send one out every two - three days via Twitter. @christoddmiller #inotherwords
If you know the answer, you can reply to the tweet with something like, "I got it!" Feel free to DM me the answer if you want confirmation. There's no prize other than you get think you're smarter than everyone else. (Hey, welcome to my world. JK.) This way others who come along later can play as well.
- I give unto you an interdict: Relocation of the youngest Offspring to the convergence of two vertical planes is expressly prohibited.
- "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
- Dirty Dancing
- Johnny Castle
- You lack the capacity to assimilate anything but illusions.
- "You can't handle the truth!"
- A Few Good Men
- Colonel Nathan Jessop
- I suggest to you that the Orca will prove insufficient and you would do well to acquire something of a larger stature.
- "You're gonna need a bigger boat."
- Captain Brody
- Nothing engages my olfactory and pleases me more than the aroma of polystyrene combined with benzene as the aurora beckons.
- "I love the smell of napalm in the morning."
- Apocalypse Now
- Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore
- Have you gone meshuga? There’s a significant probability that the velocity of our descent will neutralize your corporeal nature.
- "Are you crazy? The fall will probably kill you."
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
- Butch Cassidy
- Cease any and all articulation. At the moment of salutation, I experienced a dramatic increase and subsequent release of Oxytocin endearing me to you.